Parents & Students
Trailblazers To Go
The safety of our children is always most crucial. We recognize that all parents have busy schedules. We all have to face high gas prices. These are just a few reasons we created our Curbside To Go service. So that Trailblazers To Go runs smoothly, we ask that you follow these guidelines.
- If you need to escort or help your child carry items, please park in the bus parking lot. If you need to communicate with the office staff or leave a note for the teachers, please use the bus parking area. The teachers’ primary duty during pick up and drop off is supervising the children and keeping them safe. You may use e-mail or phone to contact our dedicated teachers to schedule teacher/parent conferences.
- Only the right traffic lane will be used for drop off and pick up. All children should be entering and exiting the vehicle on the right passenger side only. This insures our children’s safety since the left lane, which is used for driving through, is not required to stop. Insure your own safety by not exiting and walking around your car.
- Always pull forward as far as possible when dropping off your children or picking up your children. In the afternoon be sure that your child's curbside to go pick up number is hanging on the rear view mirror for teachers to see. Curbside numbers are available in the front office.
- When dropping off your child, please make sure he/she is clear of the car and on the sidewalk before driving forward. Children often forget items and take a step back to get them or talk to you.
- Visually check both lanes when attempting a lane change after drop off and pick up. Many cars and individuals will be entering and exiting the area. This measure could prevent accidents and damage. Use common courtesy and respect when dealing with others.
We hope Trailblazers To Go will insure everyone’s safety, save you time, and gas money. We thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.
Early Check Out of a Student
The individual checking the student out MUST have photo identification with them and be listed on the emergency card with pick-up authority. Early check out is not permitted after 2:00, 1:00 on Early Release Days. *Early check out will count against their perfect attendance record.
Five early check outs or tardies count as one day absent.
Parent Involvement Mission Statement
Spirit Elementary School is committed to ensuring that each student has the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary to become a responsible, productive citizen able to cope with changing social and economic conditions. The staff of Spirit Elementary School strive to meet the individual needs of each student, taking into consideration their unique attributes and capabilities. High academic achievement by students is one of the utmost concerns to the school's primary stakeholders, which include parents, teachers, and administrators. Therefore, parental involvement is a key component to the success of our school.